WordPress Plugin Provides Google plus Authorship – a great and fine working plugin easy to use and faster in action for new sites added to your own Google+ Profile. this plugin reduces the effort of making too much steps towards authorship program to work provided by google.
>> Also check other ways Of Google Authorship without using wordpress plugin or for sites other than created on word press…
Things required to work this plugin (Google plus Authorship) in action:
First we need to have a Google+ profile with a perfect and clear profile picture.
A WordPress Website or Blog ? - If you dont have or Need a new One see here
Lets start with the Step 1 – Installation Of Plugin
1. Install the plugin to your wordpress site or blog either by downloading the plugin (Google plus Authorship…) from wordpress and uploading to your plugins folder or simply use add new Plugin method.
2. now, go to options: Plugins -> Google Plus Authorship -> and finally click the activate button.
Now, Step 2: Adding a Google+ Profile URL in to your word press blogs profile.
- Login to your wordpress site.
- on the top-right Side click on Edit my Profile.
- scroll down the profile page unless you see an option Google+
- copy and paste the Google+ Profile Link and Update Profile.
Now, Continue with the Step 3 using Google+ Profile
- Open your Google+ profile page.
- now open your about page from your Google+ profile.
- Scroll Down the page unless you see an option on the right – Links.
- Click on the Edit button of the Links Column.
- Choose Contributor to and click on add a custom link.
- Label it with your Sites Name which needs Google Authorship
- Finally, input the URL of the site there and select save.
Or You can Achieve Step 3 with a shortcut, just follow the steps provided below
- Click this link: Google Authorship Adding Mail Address
- Enter your E-mail (the one which you are using for your profile and it would be better if mail is like firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Sign-Up for Authorship
- Finally, go to your mail account and click VERIFY
Final Step 4: Verify Your Google Plus Authorship Link
- Go to Structured Data Testing Tools (part of Google webmaster tools)
- enter your sites URL / Link and click over the PREVIEW button
- You will get to know about your sites link either verified or not (it is verified if you can see your google+ profile picture).
>> By following the above method you can set your Google Authorship to your word-press site or blog.
There are two important things to remember:
- It may take some time for Google to show your profile photo and rich snippets in search results.
- Google does not guarantee that it will include your profile photo and rich snippets in results.