As far as I am concerned with the wordpress and html codes, using a video or an image was never too far for me. Using a video in our blog or website is as easy as watching a video or may be more easier than that (as watching needs buffering – lol).
See: Benefits of using youtube videos in our blogs or sites (why to use videos via youtube)
Using a video from an external sources like YouTube and many more is a very simple task but requires a small knowledge of html iframe tag. So, it is assumed that you know about iframe tag (see here to know more about html iframe & Other tags)
Follow some simple steps to put a video on your blog or site:
Method 1: using embedded HTML codes (if available)
- Open /play the video which you are willing to use (it is assumed as already available).
- Now see below the video there is a share button as shown in the picture.
- Click on the embed button to get the codes
- Now copy the codes in your html page directly and is you are using wordpress than just switch over the text mode for a while and paste the codes. As shown in the picture.
- You can also adjust the height and width of a video embedded on your blog or site (by changing he width and height in the html codes and donot use px as there it is not included – see in the image).
note: similarly, you can copy the embedded codes from the other sites too…
Method 2: For wordpress only: There are few plugins to embed in the visual editor directly.
Like: EmbedIt Pro, Insert HTML Snippet & many more…
Method(s) implemented by,